Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Other Stuff > Disney Parks

Old October 1st, 2010, 08:00 AM
General Manager

Default Calling All Experts, Vance..

When is *the* best time to go for less crowds? I'll take top three.
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:09 AM
General Manager

The best time to go is during the evening. At that time, everyone's either going home or gathering around Main Street. Fantasyland was practically deserted. No lines at all.
Old October 1st, 2010, 09:15 AM
General Manager

If you're referring to the time of year, go in September. It's not a summer month and there are no holidays.

Whatever you do, no matter how tempting it may be, DO NOT GO IN AUGUST!
Not only is it a Summer month, it's also when all the Europeans go on vacation.
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:56 AM
General Manager

Here's great guide that updated. Each month's calenders and events are included. But definitely get with Vance before you go. Besides letting you know about special events and things you may enjoy, he'd be able to show you fun things that some may not know about, and restaurants tips, etc., especially if he can be your tour guide.

http://www.dadsguidetowdw.com/crowds.html
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:57 AM
General Manager

We're staying at a timeshare in Orlando for free, looking to reserve Saturday-Saturday August 27th-September 4th. Is that a good choice?

Trying to fit this all in 7 days or so to make sure I have all the vacation time I need. And being this will be our first trips there, we're also wanting to do Busch Gardens Tampa, Kissimmee (Skycoaster, Slingshot, Skydive Simulator.)

Need basic info on cheap deals or week-long packages. If they have any that include Sea World, the Kissimmee attractions, Busch Gardens Tampa, or Universal/IOA, Wet 'N Wild, City Walk, etc. I know some of these are probably overlapping, but I've only done minimal research on this. We may not even do it, as I know this is going to be pricey and there's other places we can go for far less. But with the kid still not in school, it only makes sense to look into it.

Must-do's and can't-misses: restaurants, shows, events, rides. Anything like this in the Orlando/Kissimmee/Tampa propers.

Flight deals/car rentals, preferrably with Southwest. Does Orlando have mass transit to the attractions, if so, how much?
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:09 PM
Gold Tag

7 days is a good amount of time but you are trying to fit multiple destinations in so you'll definitely need to figure out which places are most important to you.

For Disney, I'd for sure go to Magic Kingdom. That would be the best place especially for your daughters enjoyment.

The dates you picked will be hot but if you can deal with it here, you'll know how to handle it there. If you can do it a great time to go weather wise and not shoulder to shoulder crowds (at least at Disney) is early March before the spring breakers hit or the few weekends after Thanksgiving before the Christmas crowds hit.

When deciding what/where make sure to take into account your childs personality and needs. My kiddo can go go and is very adaptable. So I knew when we went that we could go without taking any downtime breaks or naptimes at the hotel in the afternoons.
Shockwave - 1993
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:22 PM
General Manager

Yeah, I know trying to work that all in to a week is too much. Plus, the hubs wants at least one day that doesn't involve a park, which virtually scraps our plans right there. What the hell else is there to do in Orlando...

But thanks for the link Michael; I need to keep researching this anyway. Any other helpful links or tips are still welcome. I have not ruled this out yet!
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:25 PM
General Manager

I am also exploring the possibility of not doing WDW at all, and just doing everything else. Just to get a feel for the place before we actually DO make it to WDW.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:34 PM
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
I am also exploring the possibility of not doing WDW at all, and just doing everything else.

Krista, that's a good idea. Many people are brainwashed into thinking that WDW is the only place in Florida to visit.

I would also like to recommend Silver Springs.
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:06 PM
Gold Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista 96-02 View Post
I am also exploring the possibility of not doing WDW at all, and just doing everything else. Just to get a feel for the place before we actually DO make it to WDW.
As much as I hate to say it but yeah that's a good idea. You can spend 7 days just doing WDW.

Kennedy Space Center should be on your list.
Shockwave - 1993