Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum  

Go Back   Six Flags over Texas Former Employee Forum > Departments > Ride Operations

Ride Operations Ride Operations discussion

Old August 12th, 2010, 01:49 PM
General Manager

Default Things A Ride Operator Won't Tell You

I could probably look through the topics for ideas on this, but I'd rather condense it all to one thread..

I like reading these articles from Reader's Digest, like "10 Things A Salesman Won't Tell You", and after reading several of them (burglar, tour guide, bartender, hairstylist, waiter, etc.) I thought about things a ride operator won't tell someone who knows no better.

I already have a rough list started with the most obvious ones, but wanted some other ideas. Maybe I'll submit it for publication one day...
Old July 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Black Tag

Default Re: Things A Ride Operator Won't Tell You

I've got a few:

Training? You mean throwing some poor kid at a ride station on a double because one of the normal crew called in or no showed...... is not training?

No..... you really want that ride water to be cloudy... you wouldn't believe the dead bugs, dead animals, leeches, trash that the coudiness hides! Just be glad it doesnt stink any more than it does after the thousands of stinky sweaty bodies it has washed over. It must be those chemicals they dump in their from time to time that keeps the stench down.

Ignore the sounds of someone laughing their behinds off just because you slipped and fell because you stood up on the ride when you were not supposed to and knew better.

You know all those dark areas you think you hidden when you are having a little fun (shall we say) with your date, well we saw everything.

Girls, you may want to rethink wearing those short short shorts and Daisy Dukes when you are riding straddle seat rides. Unless of course you are going for the skank look.

And guys, we see that look of panic and fear in your eyes even when you are trying to hide behind your girlfriend.

Suuuuuuuuurrrrreeeeeeeeeeeee we wiped that seat off for you.

You know...... i swear that bolt looks a bit looser than yesterday. Remind me to put that on the ride report.

No seriously girls..... that teen male ride operator really wants to make sure your restraint is secure.